Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ever feel like your journey is this way?





Ever feel like you start something and keep running into brick walls only to find when you turn the corner another brick wall appears again? I have the coffee mug and tee shirt for this one. I can't do this anymore. I just can't. My heart is tired for sure and to wind up at the same starting place is insanity. What do you do?
Well first look up to your Father who is there regardless of the walls. I can't see through the walls but I can look up to God who not only can see through them but who knows what they mean. Secondly, maybe the journey continues to the same place because you are not learning what you need to learn. Yikes, I so hate that but it might just be true. Third, maybe you shouldn't have started that particular journey. Fourth and optimistically, maybe you should begin a new journey that is more open to who you are and what you are all about and open to who God is in your life. I actually have never seen a dog bark up the wrong tree but I have seen plenty of folks do it.
If your journey is only met with brick walls then something has to change. What will it be. New job, new location, new set of friends, renewing your mind in Christ, seeking God first. There are so many opportunities awaiting you. The one thing that you can't do is sit still and batter and bruise yourself against those walls. God bless.

No comments: