Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Reckoning

(note this was written for a loved one)

The depths of my soul were in despair
I framed excuses for my life everywhere
It`s not very hard if you`ll look you`ll see
My life is just not what GOD meant it to be

Wandering and drifting at every turn
Never making a change from lessons learned
Putting off the things that I should do
With the false idea that God will see me thru

Sure He can, if I do my part
But it`s so overwhelming, how do I start
I`ve been on the mountain and seen Him work
Why am I whining and being a jerk

Cause it1s easier to give up from deep within
Than to let Him work and overcome my sin
It`s easy to give in to my weak weary ways
Than to start redeeming the rest of my days

Just keep telling myself there`s too much to overcome
Look around and the chaos and get nothing done
Will this tortured and battered lifestyle ever end
Yes! The day I stop breathing as a slave to sin

How horrible the sound, there must be a better finish
Than to watch my dreams, soul, and spirit diminish
Sure there is, but I have to cry out loud
This is not for someone who is lofty and too proud

I must allow GOD to do what only HE can
And stop letting my life drift like grains of sand
Surrender and stop doing what I thinks is best
I will follow after GOD and truly be blessed

There is never a peace apart from His will
Either I make the change or keep doing the drill
!

No comments: